Wednesday 21 June 2017

Studio Space Tour

Hi all!

I just spent most of this week decluttering and tiding my room and studio space and I thought while its still clean and tidy I should give you a little look at where I do all my model horse work! It's by no means fancy and I'm hoping to upgrade it at some point but I thought it would be a fun little look into what I do at Bamble's Studio. So without further ado let's get on with the tour!

So this is an over view of my work area, sorry it's a little overexposed it's very sunny today! So here I have an ikea desk and shelf set, it holds all my painting supplies and the models I'm working on at the moment. It's not much but it's great for storage, the only thing I don't like is the desk attaches to the shelves which means if you're doing anything on the desk it makes the shelves shake... this is why only bodies live on these shelves!


This is where I keep most of my customising supplies, going from left to right we have the bodies I'm prepping and a few works in progress. Then beside that shelf we have most of my acrylic paints and brushes in the tubs and the pink lidded tub holds my prepping supplies, I also have some sandpaper and palettes squeezed in next to them!
Then I have more general art supplies and my oils and all my mixing pots (I keep stealing glasses from the kitchen to hold water or mix paint in, soon I'll have nothing to drink from!).
And finally I have a few reference books on horses and my current sketch book. I find it helpful to flick through these books when I'm stuck for ideas or need to read up on a colour or breed.

Then down here below my desk I have art supplies I don't use very often and my model horse show supplies. (All neatly organised for once!)

I thought I'd also add in a close up of my WIPs, I am almost prepped the Huck, he will be a bright chestnut. I'm stripping the Banks Vanilla as unfortunately she didn't turn out how I wanted, I will be starting her again and fingers crossed she turns out better this time! The stablemates are all just waiting for a day I have time to paint them but I have no immediate plans for them.

This boy is my current project, he is a Padre custom, with slightly resculpted eyes as they looked kinda demonic when he was OF! he will be a dark bay roan, his base coat is done and I am on the first layer of roaning. It's quite supple roaning and my camera isn't really picking it up very well but I will have a better post on him once he's complete!


Thanks for checking out this article, check back soon for updates and new articles!

No comments:

Post a Comment