Tuesday 5 April 2016

New Arrivals!

Last week I ended up with 4 packages arriving at my doorstep and after feeling a bit anxious because of my bank balance dwindling I can safetly say they were all worth it and I'm even on the hunt for some other new additions! Someone really needs to manage my savings other than me...

But with out further ado I will introduce you to my new models and expect a review of a few of them soon.


Well this was the first boy to arrive (yes all of my new additions were stallions!) and he was a big impulse buy. I saw him come up on eBay before Easter and it only took me twenty minutes to snap him up. If you are unfamiliar with this model he is Tumbridge Wells, a 2012 Breyerfest special run of 1200 pieces. When I first saw him in 2012 at the height of my breyer obsession I wanted him so much, he easily made it into the top five of my grail list as he was on one of my favourite moulds and he was a roan! 
I got him for £55 which I thought reasonable and he is in lovely condition, he will definitely be coming to my next live show! I have named him Sterling and am very happy with him.


Next from Hot-to-Trot (a very good online model horse distributor in the UK) I got a horse I've been indecisive on buying since he was released. I saw this horse, Breyer's 2013 Gypsy Vanner, pre-release on Facebook at a time when I was very much out of the hobby and not actively adding to my collection but he caught my eye being on the same mould as Party Girl one of my grail horses. I thought him cute enough but never was willing enough to buy him. Well I am glad I have, he is a very pretty boy with nice shading and a brilliant expression. I love the mould by Kathleen Moody, however I have two issues with it, one some of the wrinkles on the neck are incorrect looking as they don't go with the direction of movement in the neck. I've heard several people complain about this but my other problem I've not heard so it may just be my model. He has very odd ears, instead of the inside of his ear just being hollowed out so that it looks like a horse ear it has three grooves, like someone hasn't finished hollowing them out. I wonder if anyone else has this problem? I will be going to a brick and mortar Breyer shop soon so will have a look and see if it is a flaw in the mould.
Besides these issues he has no flaws other than some blurs along his white markings that is to be expected as Breyer masks off whote markings which doesn't always give the cleanest finishes.
So far haven't been able to think of a name for this one.




This beauty I have been waiting for for far to long, Valegro is my all time favourite horse and I was so excited to hear Breyer was doing a model of him. I love the mould and will definitely be getting copies to customise. My only propblem with it is the mane is a little sloppy mine just becomes part of the neck at some points and has very little hair detailing.
But besides this he has no flaws and his base is a good fit and unfortunately my camera doesn't do his colouring justice. He is a very rich bay and has lovely bright eyes.
I have named him Mulder. Together these two cost £68 without shipping.
Lastly this buy on Ebay in retrospect was a bit pricey for what he is, but I wanted a silver body and I got one! This is the silver dun sabino treasure hunt model from 2007. He looks quite nice in this photo but don't be fooled he has had a hard life! He has scratches in places that seem impossible to scratch. However I will be customising him and he may be for sale when I've finished him. I payed £21 for him not including shipping but I hope to give him a second chance to be a pretty collectors piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment