Friday 2 September 2016

Well We Moved...

Hey folks, sorry for not updating the blog in a while, I have been very busy moving country!
This meant the models had to be put away for a few weeks as we moved from the UK to Ireland (not very far I know but the effort it took, it felt like I was moving to Australia.) The herd and I have settled in well, for some it was returning home others it was a new adventure! 
If I haven't previously mentioned I am Irish and have been living in the UK for the past 3 years. This year circumstances (not Brexit) have caused me to move back to Ireland for at least a year.
It has been all very exciting being back at home; looking for a new job, redecorating my bedroom, crying over postage rates from the UK to Ireland... Unfortunately there has not been much news on the model horse front as I am penniless and have some bigger things to focus on... Why does being an adult have to be so hard! 
Anyways I thought I'd give you some eye candy to make up for my absence. I have't gotten any "new" models however I had around 15 horses tucked away in the attic back here in Ireland so there are a few guys you won't have seen before!
Another plus of moving back is I now have some proper shelving! Woo no more floor ponies that accidentally get kicked about.
I had a set of shelves that were here before I left but a previous tennant left me a gift of a big old shelf they didn't want. It will be painted cream at some point when I have time (realistically it will never get painted but we can hope...) to fit in with my room a bit better but hey I can't complain it was free!

Anyway without further ado, here is my collection as of 01/09/2016


  I apologise for the deteriorating lighting in these photos I had the best intentions of taking them all     in broad daylight... that didn't happen...

Firstly my stablemates, MLPs and some misc including the Joker (we all know how much he loves ponies) and my china fawn Fernando

Okay so I tried to organise the shelves by breed type, unfortunately this didn't work out so great so towards the end the shelves are kinda just a mish-mash. But anyway here we have most of my warmbloods.


Next is kind of an American breeds shelf even though we have a brumby thrown in there... I really like this shelf the Noahs ark two by two kinda aesthetic I have going on here is very nice.


Here we have the ponies shelf, featuring my first ever custom (the grey classic) haha he is terrible, but I keep him around for nostalgia's sake.


This is the big boy's shelf... they are pretty, enough said.


Here is the first lot of the attic pony, they unfortunately were played with so aren't in the best nick but the appaloosa's are still in quite good condition.


and here are the last shelf! This is the very mish-mashy shelf but hey who said I can't put my Iberian breeds beside my quarter horses and Marwaris??

And we can't forget the horse who started it all... my first Breyer Pagan!

Also I'm a dunce and forgot I did get a new pony! I got a beautiful Marwari lovingly dubbed "Cheesecake" by my boyfriend. I think he's a new favourite mold! Would love to have a complete conga at some point in the future, here is a picture;


Well thanks again for reading, I should now be more regular with my posts as I have some free time and am hoping to get lots more content out, so do subscribe to my blog if you like what you see!



No comments:

Post a Comment