Monday 9 May 2016

New Ponies!

Hi all,

so I got myself some new horses over the past few weeks... I did promise myself no new horses this month as I'm saving up for a holiday. But hey I got at least four days into the month before I caved! So  here are the beauts, (P.s I'm still waiting on Babyflo and will make a separate post about her.



So this was the first boy to arrive! Breyer's Totilas, funnily enough I got him when I came back from Badminton last Wednesday where I had bought a book about dressage superstars with him on the cover. (they both now sits with my little shrine to dressage in my room.) He is a lovely boy, I was on the fence about this model as he is just a flat black and if I'm honest he was a bit of an impulse buy but I adore his mould! Such a sweet face with lots of detail. He will be coming with me to my first live show in June! If he does well I shall keep him OF but if not I may customise him as it seems a shame to have a flat black on such a pretty mould. ( For instance Enchante from Breyerfest 2015 looks amazing.)



So another spur of the moment purchase SBH Phoenix, I was meant to be getting Picasso instead of him but he sold out everywhere the day before I placed my order! So instead of being patient i chucked this guy in my basket. However I don't regret it he is lovely, as usual I adore the Orthello mould and his colour is super rich. Unfortunately he has a flippy ear which I'll have to sort out before I can show him but he is a very pretty boy besides that.

Next up we have Banks Vanilla, mine came with rather a lot of little black marks but this didn't matter as I only bought her to customise as she's a little boring to me. {Not Breyer's fault really a pure white horse just doesn't make an interesting model.) So she will soon be a pretty little tobiano palamino. I love the mould lovely detail however not a fan of the asymmetrical face as I thought she was bloating at first... the lip just doesn't translate well to plastic I don't think.
Here she is mid way through body paint!


That's all for now I will have a post on Babyflo when she arrives and an update on my current customs when they are finish and let you know how my first live show goes in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment